The school offers a choice of two meals plus baked potato with various fillings and sandwiches every day. The cost of a school meal is currently £2.40. At break time we offer a choice of toast, bagel, juice or frozen smoothie.
Meals and snacks need to be booked using the Parentpay system before 12pm on the Sunday preceding the week meals and snacks are due to be taken. Meals should be paid for at the time of booking; for those eligible for free school meals, the price of the basket will be indicated as nil but you need to complete the payment process.
If you have any queries, or wish to discuss allergy or dietry requirements, please contact the school office for assistance.
Link to Parent Pay: https://www.parentpay.com/
Are you eligible for free school meals?
If your child goes to school within the Cheshire West and Chester area, you may be able to claim free school meals. All key stage one pupils will automatically receive them. You need to apply with us if you are receiving one of the benefits listed below as your school can claim additional funding which can help towards equipment and resources.
You will qualify if you are receiving one of the following benefits.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you or a partner receive Working Tax Credit regardless of income you will not qualify for free school meals.
You can apply online for free school meals via the Cheshire West and Chester website
If you have difficulties claiming online, please contact email@example.com or call 0300 123 7021 to discuss making a telephone or paper application.
If you qualify, the majority of claims are dealt with the same day and your entitlement will start the day after. A letter of entitlement will be issued to you and we will notify the school. Claims will be renewed automatically each year so it is vital you notify the council of any change in circumstances such as:
- you start work and come off benefits
- your benefit changes
- you change address
- your child changes school
- you have another child starting school for the first time