How do I pay for school lunches and visits?

To make a payment for school lunches or educational visits, please visit the school office
If you have a query, please contact the school office on 01244 732000 for assistance.

I wish to take my child out of school for a holiday

If you wish to apply for a leave of absence for your child, please make sure that you have referred to the Attendance Policy.  

Absence requests: 

Due to changes in legislation now mean that only requests in exceptional circumstances will be granted. Guidance from the DfE explains that these reasons should not be authorised.

  • Extended family holidays
  • One day trips to see relatives
  • Birthday or event holidays
  • “Educational” visits
  • Holidays to long haul destinations

If parents make the decision to go ahead and take their children out of school for a family holiday this will be documented as an unauthorised absence and fixed penalty fine may be issued. The fine is £60 per parent per child for the episode of absence. An absence request form must still be completed and returned to the Headteacher.

Fixed Penalty Notice Amendments

From 1st September 2013 the amendments to 2007 regulations will reduce the timescales for paying a Fixed Penalty Notice.  Parents will have 21 days  instead of 28 days to pay the £60 if unpaid the fine will double to £120 and parents will have 28 days instead of 42 days to pay.

How do I apply for a place for my child at Boughton Heath Primary School?

To apply for any places in our school you must do so through Cheshire West and Chester's Admissions Team. 

School Admissions

Cheshire West & Chester Council

Wyvern House

The Drumber



Tel:  0300 123 7039

Fax: 01606 862 100
You can also apply online. For more information, please visit:
To arrange a viewing of the school prior to making an application, please contact school. 
If your child is a new reception starter, please look out for dates of important open evenings on our homepage and calendar. 

My child has to attend an appointment, what shall I do?

Please notify the Office giving details of the time and date of the appointment.  

On the day, collect your child from the reception area.  You will be asked to sign your child out of school to ensure we follow our health and safety guidelines.  When they have been to the appointment please return your child through the Main entrance where you will sign them back in to school.
It would be helpful if you could also let the class teacher know too.

I need to inform school of a change of address.

If you have moved house then please contact the admin team and pass on your new details.

You can contact the admin team by telephone 01244 732000 or by email
Thank you for your cooperation.

I need to inform school of a change in my child's medical needs.

If there has been a change in your child's medical needs then please contact the admin team and pass on your this new information. 
You can contact the admin team  by telephone 01244 732000 or by email The information will be passed on to Mr Lenton and the class teacher.  In some cases a medical care plan may be necessary and so we will contact you to complete this.  If you are unsure then please do not hesitate to ask.
If you would also mention this to your child's class teacher that would be helpful too. 
Thank you for your cooperation.

I wish to park on the school grounds.

Parking anywhere within the school premises between the hours of 8.30am & 5.30pm Monday – Friday is not permitted. Staff and visitors to school are the only people permitted on site.

In exceptional circumstances permission can be sought from the school by completing an application form that is then submitted to the Head teacher.  

The criteria are:

  • The vehicle is transporting a disabled child who is unable to enter the school grounds safely without transport;

  • The parent or carer has a disabled badge that has been issued by a local authority.

Please make sure that you park in the surrounding streets responsibly, i.e. not blocking driveways, parked on or too close to corners, blocking walkways or crossings etc.  We believe that neighbours to the school should feel valued and that they are treated with respect. This is obviously modelled to our children by yourselves and the staff.

PCSO's will issue fixed penalty notices to people who fail to comply with The Highway Code.

Thank you for helping us to look after the safety of the children in our care.

Where do I buy a school uniform?

Items that have our school logo on can be purchased is available at:

My child has lost an item of clothing, what should we do?

Clothing is expensive and we do our very best to ensure that any misplaced items are reunited with their owners.  For this to happen successfully we do need parents and carers to ensure that all articles of clothing are named.  
If we know that an item is named then we will be able to look for it in 'Lost Property' and even put out an alert on the Newsletter.  If it is not named then this makes it very difficult to help you.
If your child has lost an item then please ask the class teacher. If they can not help then go to the Office and the school admin team will be able to direct you to lost property.

Happy to hear from you!

Boughton Heath AcademyBeckett's Lane, Chester, CH3 5RW

Get In Touch

By Phone 01244 732000 By Email Contact

Mrs Levi and Miss Pearson

Admin Officers

Who We Are

We are proud to be a part of
Cheshire Academies Trust.

Acting Executive Headteacher | Jon Lenton

Acting Head of School | Sally Sumnall

Chair of Governors | Kate Lee

SENDCO | Susan Gell